In order to build the industry we want, we must visualize and conceptualize it in advance.
Often big ideas require forward-thinking and debate before they are ready for public presentation and acceptance. The Future of Cannabis Marketing will present these ideas to the industry to open up dialogue amongst the industry’s marcom leaders so we can put change into action.
Members receive 15% off tickets via your unique access code (your username to the Member Portal).
THE FUTURE OF Cannabis Marketing Speakers
Meet the visionaries who will be delivering the Ted-style talks.
The Speaker’s Post Show Roundtable is exclusive to active CMA Members and is a 60-minute discussion where the speakers will talk about the behind-the-scenes planning of their talks, tease out important concepts, and debate what the #1 most important theme was from the sessions.
The Speed Networking event will be held on a separate platform at an earlier time. We will coordinate via Google Calendar.
AGENDA (subject to change)
All times are in MOUNTAIN.
9:30 – 10:30 am
Speed Networking 1:1 and small groups
10:45 – 11:00 am
11:00 – 11:30 am
Why Effects-Driven Marketing and Functional Products are the Future of Cannabis
- Whether people consume cannabis recreationally or medically, they consume it because it gives them a specific effect that they are seeking. So what is ‘functional cannabis’ and why should the cannabis industry embrace this concept in Cannabis 2.0? As marketers and product leaders, we have the opportunity and the responsibility to redefine the role that cannabis can play in a person’s life. Functional cannabis is our best bath to further destigmatize cannabis, increase state adoption, and ultimately lead to national acceptance.
11:30 am – 12:00 pm
Marketing for the Global Majority
Christine De La Rosa
- Marketing to the Global majority is a multi-billion dollar proposition. The multi-national and multi-lingual consumer base has been largely ignored as companies and brands have chased US domination. Still, there is a way to work smarter, not harder, to create and realize the revenue potential of countries outside of the US.
12:00 – 12:30 pm
Conscious Consumerism: The Competitive Edge to Attracting the Ethical Shopper of the Future
- Consumers are voting with their dollars — against unsustainable brands. This can become the competitive edge you need. In a study, sustainably marketed products – only 16% of the CPG market – drove more than half of the growth in the entire market. And these trends were only heightened by the pandemic: nearly half of consumers said the pandemic has made them more concerned about the environment, and 11% had switched brands based on environmental claims within the past year. And the most likely conscious shoppers? Women and Gen Z. Fastest growing customer segment in cannabis? Women and Gen Z. This session will review how to market sustainability and social responsibility claims without sounding like a phony, through case studies of brands getting it right, both in and outside of cannabis, as well as look into the future of what’s coming up as Gen Z consumers get older.
12:45 – 1:15 pm
High Society Hospitality
- 38 states now allow medical and/or adult use of cannabis, and while it’s legal to purchase, possess and use in those states, the question of ‘where to consume’ lingers in the air because smoking it in public remains illegal in most parts of the country. At least 8 states are now creating regulations that will change that, and ancillary businesses will be increasing the need for marketing in the space that is currently dominated by plant-touching businesses.
1:15 – 1:45 pm
Take The Leap: From DEI to Anti-Racist Marketing
- The market has demanded equity in representation. Now, we see diverse faces pictured in almost every cannabis campaign. While representation is certainly worthwhile, stepping into the future of cannabis requires taking the message a step further. Relevance today requires brands to model diversity, equity, and inclusion. Relevance tomorrow will require brands to embody anti-racism and use their platform to amplify equity.
1:45 – 2:00 pm
CMA MEMBERS ONLY
2:30 – 3:30
Speakers Post Show Roundtable