In the midst of COVID-19, we know that many of you are facing great uncertainty in your business.
There are a lot of unknowns, but with more time at home this could be the perfect opportunity to learn something new or brush up on your marketing skills.
So what can you do to help your business stay afloat during this time of change?
With so many businesses moving online, it’s more important than ever to understand digital marketing and community building.
Here is a list of free resources and trainings that can help cannabis marketers keep pushing forward.
- Hubspot’s Inbound Training – This is a free course designed by Hubspot to teach you about inbound marketing and the marketing flywheel — essential methods to understand in the digital era. According to Hubspot, “inbound is a better way to market, a better way to sell, and a better way to serve your customers.” By creating content designed to address the problems and needs of your ideal customers, you attract qualified prospects and build trust and credibility for your business.
- Digital Marketer’s Lab Plus — For the month of March 2020, Digital Marketer is making their Lab free for those impacted by COVID-19. This library of trainings includes 36 marketing playbooks, 11 comprehensive master classes, a 10,000+ person community of marketers, and exclusive discounts and deals. All you have to do is register.
- Hootsuite’s Platform Training – Hootsuite is a useful tool that helps you organize and manage social media accounts. If you haven’t implemented an automated or scheduled social media strategy, now is the time. Hootsuite makes it easy to streamline content through cross-platform scheduling, while also tracking results with analytics.
- The 8-Step SEO Strategy for Higher Rankings in 2020 – This free 18-minute video from Brian Dean gives an 8-step SEO strategy to improve your Google rankings and boost website traffic. It provides tools to help build backlinks, create better ranking content, and increase your keyword results.
- Google Search Console Training – Daniel Waisberg, a Google Search Advocate, created a series of 8 videos in an hour long training. Google Search Console helps marketers understand what people are searching for when they find your page. These videos teach you how to increase organic traffic to your website and optimize your search results on Google. Google Search Console is an essential part of any SEO strategy and it’s important for marketers to understand.
- WordStream Online Advertising Made Easy – WordStream offers three different courses on online marketing and advertising. The first course looks into learning the digital advertising basics — Facebook advertising, paid search, and display advertising. The second course focuses on getting more leads with cross-platform, Google, and Facebook for lead generation. The final course is about selling more products online. This is done by building your e-commerce strategy on Google and Facebook.
- Google Ad Words Tutorial — 10 hours of Google Adwords training. While Google still doesn’t accept paid ads for cannabis brands, it’s still important to understand how this process works. This will change someday and the brands who are on top of paid search will increase their chances for success.
- Search Engine Marketing Fundamentals – eMarketing Institute has published a 174 page e-book for beginners to understand the basis of search engine marketing. This information will help you better understand the language of search engine marketing and provide actionable insights on how to leverage SEM for your business.
- From Visitors to Customers —Tracking the Buyer’s Journey in Marketo & Salesforce is an hour-long course that teaches you everything you need to know about tracking the buyer’s journey on these two commonly used MarTech platforms. This course looks into marketing attribution, UTM parameters, and other useful tactics that help you understand the buyer’s journey.
- The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly of Affiliate Marketing — CMA Member, eAccountable, is a Denver based digital marketing agency with a specialty in affiliate marketing. This e-book outlines what you need to know about affiliate marketing. They also offer a free affiliate program audit.
We hope these services and training will help your marketing team now and in the future. We will be updating this list with new resources, so please reach out to us or leave a comment with suggestions!